Motels

Motel-hotels will open under conditions at Cox’s Bazar from Thursday




| Update:
June 25, 2021, 9:09 a.m.


Cox’s Bazar hotels, motels and guesthouses should open within a limited range from Thursday in compliance with the conditions for maintaining the health protocol.

However, tourist centers in Cox’s Bazar will remain completely closed, the district administration said.

The administration announced the opening of hotels, motels and guest houses at a meeting of the Cox’s Bazar District Coronavirus Prevention Committee.

Dr Mamunur Rashid, deputy commissioner of Cox’s Bazar, said hotels, motels and guesthouses are open under certain conditions given the demand for livelihoods from people linked to tourism.

A monitoring committee has been formed to ensure that the health protocol is maintained. This committee established the necessary guidelines for the hotel and motel authorities. In the event of any irregularity in the implementation of the directives, the follow-up committee will again close the hotel and the motel.

The conditions applied to ensure the sanitary protocol are as follows:

  • No tourist can book a room for the purpose of travel. Only the 50 percent room reservation can be confirmed. No room can be rented to anyone, except in an emergency.
  • The restaurant will be closed except for room service. The swimming pool will remain closed.
  • A disinfectant spray and a temperature measurement must be provided upon entering the hotel. Hand sanitizer should be provided in all rooms, including the lobby. In addition, the entire hotel must guarantee 100% hygiene.

He added that the tourism sector at Cox’s Bazar was closed due to the increase in coronavirus infections. But after examining the situation, hotels, motels and guesthouses are open in a limited range. The hotel and motel authorities are more involved than the police-administration in the application of hygiene rules after opening.

“You have to do business without risking your own life and the lives of others. We all live safely together,” he added.

Earlier on April 1, the Cox’s Bazar district administration announced the closure of all recreation centers in the district, including the Sea Beach until April 14.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.